Sunday, October 25, 2009

5th Annual Power of Change Fashion Event


We all know first hand how good it feels and how confident we become when we don a nice outfit.  I know I do.  And that's why I'm an advocate of Wardrobe for Opportunity, a volunteer-driven nonprofit organization that provides professional clothing and career support to low-income jobseekers in the Bay Area so they can become economically self-sufficient.  I plan to get into my storage real soon and put together a nice box of career clothing that I don't wear anymore in an effort to be of service.  If you have some career clothes in your closet that you don't wear anymore, perhaps you might consider donating as well.  On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at the white tent at Scott's restaurant at Jack London Square, Wardrobe for Opportunity is holding its 5th Annual Power of Change Fashion Event hosted by guest MC Honorable Willie L. Brown Jr.  I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but I was able to donate a lamp to the silent auction on behalf of the store and I'm hoping it'll raise some money for this extremely worthy cause.  For more information about this worthwhile event, please visit Power of Change.

No comments: