Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Resting in the Lounge Area at Accessories/The Show
Las Vegas 2/15/11
In case you might have noticed, I've been moving at the speed of light lately.  After my annual November holiday in France, I had a lovely holiday season (December) at the store.  It was fun catching up with customers and getting into the holiday spirit! 
It's lunch time!
Martinique, French West Indies
January 2011
In January, I took off for the Caribbean (Barbados and Martinique) to belatedly celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary.  (My actual anniversary is in August.)  And as much as I love to travel, getting back home for longer than a month was heavy on my mind.  There is, after all, no place like home.
So here I am on my last day in Las Vegas where I went to MAGIC (at the Las Vegas Convention Center), WWIN (at the hotel Rio) and Accessories/The Show (at The Venetian) to see what was unique, cute and new in retail.  In the picture above, I was pooped from shopping and taking a break.  So, yes, it's true.  A woman can actually tire from shopping.  *Smile*
Specifically on the lookout for new sunglasses, body shapers and a refund from a vendor that took my order and my money in August 2010 (!) and didn't send me my stuff (long story), I found what I was looking for and more.  I can' wait for everything to start rolling in...
2011 is going to be busy for me.  The store has turned into a part-time business (Noon-6pm Monday through Friday when I'm in town) because I spoke some things into existence by putting my desires out there into The Universe about more travel and my continued celebration of culture.  As a result, I signed a contract with American Airlines' BlackAtlas.com to travel and provide content for their site; I won a spot in a travel blogging contest with Wyndham Worldwide; I'm going to be a panelist at a big blogging conference; and I am actively marketing my travel adventure camp for girls.  All I can say is Be careful what you wish for.  You know the rest...because you might just get it!
Thanks for putting up with me!  I love my store and I love all of you for your support. 
See you tomorrow!
Tracey
Your Oakland Shop Girl

No comments: