Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Shop Girl in Paris 2010

My customer Tracy & I at Dom Perignon on The Avenue de Champagne in Épernay,
the Champagne capital of the world.
Wow.  When I stop and think about it, I've been here in Paris for 15 or 16 days and we leave next week on Wednesday or Thursday to come back (I don't remember the exact date and I refuse to look at the tickets).  How unfair that this whole vacay is going by far too quickly. 
Far too grand to capture in one image, this is the front of the Château de Versailles.
See  http://en.chateauversailles.fr/the-palace- for details about its brilliant history.

Inside view of Château de Versailles.
I wish the people would've moved. LOL.

Marie-Antoinette slept here.
Every day that I've been here, I've told myself "You need to write to your customers" and every day I didn't.  Instead, I wrote and posted pictures on my Facebook page, because it was quick and easy...and to be honest...I didn't know what to say to all of you.  Remember last year?  I gave you all a blow by blow and I thought it would probably bore you if I did the same.  So until I could figure out what I should say, I said nothing.  But that's my usual M.O.  I don't say anything until I'm sure I should.  I think that can be both good and bad. 
One of the magnificent store windows at Printemps Department Store.

Another window at Printemps.
Anyway.  I'm not really ready to come back to Oakland.  But then again I am.  (Oooo, I'm so contrary.)  You see, I bought some really cutesie stuff and tomorrow I'm going to pick up the rest of it.  The exchange rate is horrible (same as last year), so I wasn't able to get as much as I would have liked, but I at least bought as much as I did last year, so it's all good.  I want to come back and show it to you...but I want to stay and "be French" too.  LOL.  Clearly, I have issues. 
A really cool sculpture that uses negative space brilliantly.
The truth is...I'm coming back in July for a family wedding, so I really should stop whining like a big baby.  But blogging is a good way to vent...and I don't mind sharing my feelings with you.  =)  I'll just save the details of the trip for when I get back.  (Wanda and Tracy, my two customers from Oakland, are having a blast, by the way.  Hope you can make it next year.)
The magnificent Riems Cathedral which is 800 years old.  Wow.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Reims
(not to be mistaken with Notre Dame in Paris).

An inside view.
Guess I'll sign off now.  It's after midnight and I should at least lie down so I can be energerized for tomorrow's shopping.  I really do sorta kinda miss you all.  LOL.  See you on the 30th!
Tracey ;-)
Your Oakland Shop Girl

At Aunt Astrid's...acting silly.  LOL.

My horse encounter (today!) of the magnificent kind...


No comments: