Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oakville


There's an indie film called "Oakville" filming both inside and in front of oo la la! today.  Isn't that fun?!?!?
According to the director Lisbon Okafor (pictured above with some of the cast and crew), they just started filming about six days ago and will be filming for six months in and around Oakland.  He says it's about an idyllic Oakland, "not the Oakland you see on Gangland."  As I sit here and type, the entire crew is in the front of the store setting up a "store scene" with one of the cast.  The Costumer/Director's Assistant even purchased a "wedding ring" for one of the main characters.  After they leave, I'm going to stand in front of the mirror and practice my acceptance speech for Best Store Background in an Independent Film.  "I'd like to thank my husband, my mother, and of course, God."  Hehehehehe.

No comments: