Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shopping Trip to Paris

Several years ago, I snuck a peek at a questionnaire my husband was filling out that asked him what famous person I reminded him of and he wrote Josephine Baker (see photo to your right).  I thought that was kinda cool.  I always fancied myself one of those women that - like dear Josephine - would pack it all up and move out of the country.  In fact, it had always been my plan to live somewhere in either the Carribean or Paris, both places I love (among others).  And although my husband is a French citizen with his mom's side of the family all over France, I loved Paris waaay before I met James.  He's definitely the gravy.  Good gravy too.  =)
When James and I trotted off to France last year, a part of my agenda was to do some planning for the Shopping Trip to Paris (for interested oo la la! customers) I had been talking about for so long.  After a 3 week holiday, I changed my mind.  And now I've changed it back.  I enjoy travel for myself, but I also enjoy facilitating travel as well -- as you might have deduced from my travel camp for girls.  So here we are, and this time, I'm going for it! 
The plan is to take 10 easy going & adventurous women (i.e., 5 sets of girlfriends, co-workers, moms & daughters, etc.) away for 10 days of gay Paris departing around November 10, 2010!  I will host 2 complimentary dinner/info meetings before we go; arrange all of the air transportation and hotel rooms; arrange for 3-4 tours; provide an itinerary (with choices!); and throw in a few surprises!  All you'll need is money for food, shopping and Paris Metro &/or taxi fare.  All costs will be laid out for you and I will simply charge a concierge fee for my services.  I throw a mean party and put together even meaner events, so I feel confident that you will have a fantastic (and rather unique) experience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or shoot me an email.  I'm accepting $250 deposits (that will be held in escrow) to secure your spot until I firm up the cost of everything.  You can even start making $300/month payments now!  Once the price of the trip is announced (I'm aiming for a great deal for less than $2000), if you decide not to take the trip for any reason, you get your deposit back (and any payments) toot suite!  It's really as simple as that!
Vive la France!