Saturday, November 28, 2009

100% Natural Hawaiian Soap


When James and I were in Hawaii last week, we used the soap samples and toured the (100% green) soap factory and coffee/cacao farm in Kona before I decided to bring the product into the store.  Well, I've been using it and besides the smell being divine, it lathers well and is 100% natural!  I love that.  The soap makes great little gifts and can be used on the face as well as the body.  I'm hooked.
About the soap:  There are no artificial ingredients or colors used in any of the soap formulas. The basic oil ingredients include olive oil, palm kernel oil, and coconut oil. Hawaiian kukui nut oil is also added due to its healing and health benefits. The formulas also include natural rain water captured and filtered at the factory. The colors in each bar of soap are natural and are formed by either natural herbs, by an exfoliant, or an essential oil. The essential oils used are of aromatherapy grade.
Some of the exfoliant soaps include cacao which is the actual name of the plant that produces chocolate. The cacao contained in the soap formulas is part of the actual roasted bean and not the processed chocolate associated with a chocolate bar. There is a very faint chocolate scent from the cacao ingredient but the cacao soaps do not have a chocolate bar scent.  Even the cacao is grown at the soap facility in Hawaii and used it in the soap products. Interestingly, Hawaii is the only state in the United States that grows and produces chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the a bar of oatmeal soap and the seaweed. Haven't used the seaweed bar yet but have used the oatmeal and find it very gentle for my delicate face and doesn't trigger my usual allergic reaction because it's not scented. I like the kukui nut oil also and use it for my feet and hands. These products are great for people like me who have allergies to anything scented. Will be ordering more for Christmas. Thanks for offering these products. Your store is great! JudyC