Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Coat


One of my favorite customers - Bridget - came into the store yesterday to pick up her layaway and to get one of the bling belts I brought back from LA.  Bridget has her own funky chic style and always looks nice every time I see her and yesterday was no exception.  Although she was relatively casual, she was rocking a black fur vest and quickly threw on the black bling belt with her jeans to add the exclamation point to her outfit.  She was on her way to a dinner date and I can only imagine how he must have looked at her when they met up because she looked Fierce (with a capital F).
Before she left, Bridget and I were chatting about some of the reactions she's been getting when she wears her oo la la! gear as she's out and about.  Most notable was a recent interaction with a woman at a Gavin Newsom soiree in San Francisco where Bridget broke out and wore The Coat.  You know about The Coat, right?  The Coat that I brought back from Paris that had everyone stopping DEAD in their tracks as they walked by the store window.  The Coat that only 6 people in the Bay Area own because I only brought 6 of them back from Paris.  The Coat that I should've kept for myself and didn't.  That beautifully embroidered uniquely designed makeyouslapyourmama (doggone) Coat.  That coat.
So the woman at the soiree in the City asked Bridget point blank about The Coat as she oohed and aahed and pet it like a house cat and circled Bridget like a hawk.  The rest of the women at the party eyeballed her, but didn't say a thing, a sure sign that she looked fantastic.  Of course, Bridget was all too happy to tell SF Soiree Lady where The Coat came from (oo la la! via gay Pah-ree) particularly since SF Soiree Lady can't get one of her own.  You know my credo:  I only buy a few of any one item so you don't see yourself coming and going
I share these stories with you because not only do I love relaying a cute story, but hearing you all tell me about the reactions you get when you rock your oo la la! actually makes my day and validates what I'm doing.  I buy what I love and I love what I buy and it tickles me pink when you love it too.  Thanks again for making what I do worthwhile.  It's awesome! 
P.S.  I'm going back to Paris in June. ;-)

No comments: