Thursday, November 12, 2009

Aloha!


(Above) Lovely performance at the Hawaiian Airlines Terminal on our way to The Big Island.
There's a 2 hour time difference here in Hawaii (we're on The Big Island), so I am wide awake and it is only 6:30am.  I am not an early riser, so it's pretty funny to be up (and typing no less).  But I must say that the color of the sky during sunrise is beautiful.  I wish I were a painter at this precise moment.
The flight from San Francisco to Honolulu was turbulent. In fact, the pilot from American Airlines came on the speaker during the flight to explain to us why he just made a left turn (something about the wind) and to let us know that this was the windiest it had been in awhile.  Since I went to bed so late, I was tired and therefore in and out of sleep, so I didn't really tune in too much; in fact, it was the turbulence that rocked me back and forth like my very own bassinet.
The little girl sitting next to her Dad in the seat in front of James and I was absolutely delighted by the turbulence and jumped up and down with excitement just like she was on Mr. Toad's Wildride at Disneyland.  It made me aware of the fact that turbulence (in the sky or in our lives) is really what you make it.  You can either be deathly afraid or you can ride the ride with joy.  Like that darling little girl, I pick joy.
See ya soon! Aloha...



No comments: