Sunday, October 11, 2009

Leaving Jamaica

LOL. Don't I wish. Well, not really.  I haven't been to Jamaica (in the Caribbean) for about 6 years.  I can't say that I miss it although Port Antonio is my favorite place on the island.  There are islands other than Jamaica that I like much much better.  But I digress. 
I am leaving (the hotel in) Jamaica, New York on my way to my JetBlue flight that will take me home to California from a very peaceful holiday.  Although I am looking forward to seeing my cat Miles, sleeping in my own bed, getting the store ready for Halloween, and gearing up for life's next adventure, I will miss speaking French every day (and getting better at it), drinking wine with no sulfites, strolling the streets of Paris in the evenings, discovering new places in both the city and countryside, and shopping in some of the finest boutiques on earth.
Life is good.  (And I have the t-shirt that says so.)
Thanks for listening.  =)


No comments: