Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trip to France (#8)

So we arrived at Aunt Astrid & Uncle Gino's house yesterday and it feels good to be in the country. On the way here, as I mentioned, we stopped at the outlets, but I didn't buy anything. I don't think I was in the mood to shop. (Wait. Did I just type that?) Besides, everything costs so much.
Below you will find a pictorial of the road to our home away from home. It has been a few years since we've been here.  It's a lovely compound with a ridiculous amount of land, a home that is magnificent and peaceful, and someplace I never tire of visiting. It is a converted barn with thick walls and the essence of love is in these walls. You'll see what I mean as you scroll down.
It's almost 3am, so it's time for me to pack it in. I'll post the pictures from our day trip (to Provins - not Provence) at some point tomorrow. Thanks for being a part of the journey...
The road to Aunt Astrid & Uncle Gino's...
Driving along and taking it all in...

Checking out what's on the side of the road. We're almost there...


Smiling at the welcoming trees...


Drove through the gates past the front (rental) house and looking at the house in the distance...

Getting closer...


Is Uncle Gino in there?

A nice view of the front of the house...

My bedroom window...

The view (to the left) out of my bedroom window...

A straight ahead view out of my bedroom window...

A view out of the bathroom window...

Aunt Astrid & me...

Uncle Gino and me...

Bonjour...

Everyone is in the back of the house...

It's a beautiful day to be outside...

Astrid's garden...

One of the garages...

The view from the house towards the front gate...










No comments: