Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to France (#9)

I woke up and it was raining.  Absolutely wonderful!  This is how the French countryside stays so green.  It's like a movie...only better.

I remember when I first moved from Los Angeles to the Bay Area.  I was sooo cold.  And I didn't know how to layer and I only had cute fashion boots (I love suede!) and not boots for the rain.  I moved back to LA for a couple of years and got confused.  I really didn't need any of my new coats or sweaters or boots or gloves or scarves.  I kinda missed the cooler weather.  Because I get hot flashes now, I can only tolerate the heat if there is sand and the sea involved.  Somehow, I manage to ignore the flashes when I'm on the beach.  Imagine that.
Yesterday, we went to Provins, an old village not too far from here.  I'm too lazy to post the pictures right now, but I will.  I did manage to put them on Facebook, but this blog is where I'm going to start doing all of my posting of photos for my customers.
Today, a friend of Gino's is coming to show us some property.  Wouldn't it be grand to have a French country home? I don't care if it's a shack, to be honest. LOL.  It would be nice to have a quiet retreat away from everything.  Le Shack Francais.
If we're not too lazy, we're also going to work on getting me a permanent residency card while we're here; it's a pain to deal with the French Embassy in San Francisco.  Being married to a Frenchie (my word) has its benefits.  Then I think I'll change my name to Thérèse.  And then when we go to Gino's house on the Italian coast next year (Gino's Italian) for our 10 year anniversary (yay!), I'll change my name to Sophia.  LOL.  (Just kidding, Mom.)


Gino's fun to listen to.  He's Italian and his French has that Italian sing-song quality to it.  LOL.  I love it.  He knows a teeny bit of English, but not enough for a conversation.  Astrid sounds EXACTLY likes James' mom did; but alas, they're sisters, so it makes sense.  They have 4 cats that roam the grounds: Maurice, Daphne, Chloe and Gucci.  Miles would fit right in although I don't know if he would understand the cats when they meow to him in French.  Perhaps I should start teaching him now.
I'm too relaxed to type anymore.  I think I work alot.  James does too.  It's nice to actually do nothing for a change. 

2 comments:

Ori Ire said...

love your blog. great idea. I also use this layout, it's very nice. I'm really enjoying reading your entries. all the best - Adeeba

oakland shop girl has this to say: said...

Thanks, Adeeba!