Friday, October 16, 2009

A Sweet Day at Work


Today was a good day.  It was my second day back in the store since getting back from France on Sunday night and I'm starting to feel relatively normal again.  I'm still a teeny bit tired, but at least I don't feel like I'm stoned anymore.  I hate repeating myself; but jet lag bites.
99.99999% of My Customers are awesome and that's one of the things I love about my job the most.  My Customer Brigit bought me a candy apple today (wasn't that sweet?!?!?) and one of My other Customers wrote me a lovely welcome home email.  I don't know how many other Shop Girls there are out there that get gifts and emails from their customers, but I love it and don't take any bit of it for granted.  My mother always taught me to appreciate the kindness of others and I do.  I really do. 
Other than the rush I get when I'm out buying clothing, jewelry, accessories & gifts for the store, nothing beats the thrill of seeing My Customers walk (and sometimes even skip) out of the store excited about their new purchases.  I brought back some really cute stuff from Paris and it is flying out of the door.  It is really fun for me to imagine what they're going to look like and more importantly how they're going to feel when they wear their oo la la! gear around town.  I know how I feel when I'm wearing a wicked outfit and it pleases me to think that they might feel the same way too.
Here I go repeating myself again, but today was a good day. =)

2 comments:

Ori Ire said...

yes, today was a good. thank you for your post, it always brightens my day.

Anonymous said...

A sweet day for me when I received my new olive green purse to be worn diagonally across the chest because the strap is long and allows both hands to be free -- a gift that flew out the door of oo la la! all the way south to LA (Los Angeles). Love you. Love your Blog. Love my new bag and how it looks. All this love makes for a good day. Judy